[INDOLOGY] PDF of 1989 Srinagar ORL Mss Catalogue

Mrinal Kaul mrinalkaul81 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 12:49:17 UTC 2024

Dear Deepro,

Sorry for you still have not been able to manage the scan of this hand-list. I will see if someone can scan it. This 1989 hand-list was partly based on the information available in the accession register in the Oriental Research Library in Srinagar. Those days, I used to hear from Pandit Dinanath Yacch, they used to sell copies of this cyclostyled version. No 2 in your list, prepared by Prof Deambi, was a revised version of No. 1 and was printed and the copies are still available from the Centre of Central Asian Studies in the University of Kashmir (Hazratbal Campus). Unfortunately, Prof Deambi did not prepare the second volume of this hand-list. A separate list of the Persian and Arabic Mss in the same collection was also prepared and printed by the same centre. No 3 in your list is a randomised version of the No 1 and No 2 and the information has been carelessly put together by the staff of the Research Department and printed as a catalogue. No 4 is sometimes even more misleading. No 5 is, in fact, a PDF prepared by me taking all the information about this collection from IGNCA. I also made a separate PDF of the Persian and Arabic Mss using the information provided by IGNCA. Even though this list contains the most pragmatic details of the scanned Mss, the Ms IDs given by them are not always unique giving rise to a number of ambiguities. Best wishes.

Mrinal
-----
Mrinal Kaul (he/ him/ his)
Assistant Professor of Indian Philosophy
Department of Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS)
Indian Institute of Technology-Bombay (IIT-B)
Powai, Mumbai 400076, INDIA
Tel: +91 22-2576-5349  Extn: 5349 (office)
Tel: +91 22-62513773 (Residence)
email: mrinal.kaul at iitb.ac.in <mailto:mrinal.kaul at iitb.ac.in>
https://www.hss.iitb.ac.in/people/faculty/mrinal-kaul
https://iitbombay.academia.edu/MrinalKaul <https://iitbombay.academia.edu/MrinalKaul>