[INDOLOGY] 25th India Studies Webinar on Mar 29 (Friday), 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. IST

Pankaj Sukanraj Jain पंकज सुकनराज जैन pankajaindia at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 06:28:15 UTC 2024

Esteemed colleagues and friends,

The India Centre, FLAME University is delighted to share that we will be
hosting our 25th India Series Webinar. The speaker for  March 2024 is *Prof.
Girish Nath Jha*, Chairman of the Commission for Scientific and Technical
Terminology (CSTT) and Professor of Computational Linguistics at Jawaharlal
Nehru University (JNU).

The topic of his webinar is *Sanskrit, linguistics and AI: Methodological
Congruence in a diverse Indian context*.

The talk, while presenting the nuances of Indian multilingual situations,
will focus on similarity of methods used in Sanskrit grammar, Linguistics
and AI. In this context, there will be a presentation of the contributions
of Panini, Saussure and Chomsky leading to the emergence of computational
linguistics and AI.  The National Education Policy of India launched in
2020 lays special emphasis on Mother Tongue education which poses real
implementation challenges considering the multitude of languages and speech
communities in India. While discussing the challenges posed by educating
the millions in India, requirements of a flexible, scalable and
cost-effective AI will be presented.  The talk will survey the work being
done in this area and will present implementation challenges and
suggest solutions for designing, developing and deploying smart systems for
delivering multilingual content.

Please find below the relevant information for joining the webinar: