[INDOLOGY] Samavedic musical notation

Asko Parpola aparpola at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 09:11:34 UTC 2024

Dear François, See:

Howard, Wayne, 1977. Sāmavedic  chant. New Haven: Yale University Press. xxv, 572 pp., 48 ill., 8 tables.
Howard, Wayne, 1988. Decipherment of the musical notation of the Jaiminīyas. With a foreword by Asko Parpola. (Studia Orientalia, 63.) Helsinki: Finnish Oriental Society. xv, 330 pp.
downloadable at https://journal.fi/store/issue/view/3442.
Falk, Harry, 1993. Die beiden Notationen der sāmavedischen svaras. Berliner Indologische Studien 7: 103-107.

With best wishes, Asko