[INDOLOGY] Śabdakalpadrumaḥ and Vācaspatyam

Charles Li cchli at cantab.net
Thu Feb 15 20:07:41 UTC 2024

Hello,

1886 is the posthumous Devanagari print:
https://archive.org/details/ShabdaKalpadrumaComplete (this is the 1967
reprint of the 1886 edition)

It's worth comparing with the Bengali script version, from Śaka 1743
(not quite 1819): https://www.digitale-sammlungen.de/en/view/bsb10219712

 From looking at a couple of passages, the Devanagari print has a number
of typos as well as a number of variant readings that are possibly
deliberate emendations.

Best,

Charles