[INDOLOGY] New publication: "Giuseppe Tucci: a Biography"

Raffaele Torella raffaele.torella at uniroma1.it
Fri Apr 5 14:43:13 UTC 2024

Dear colleagues and friends,

two years ago the Italian Ambassador to India asked me to propose initiatives to present the Italian scholarship on India to a wider Indian audience. I proposed five books under my general editorship with the title Italian Scholars on India. Four of them contain the most significant recent contributions by Italian authors on various fields of Indian culture (two volumes have already come out: R. Torella (ed.) Classical Indology; E. Basile, M Torri (eds.) History, Economy, Society).

Last month, the third volume has come out, Giuseppe Tucci: a Biography (English Translation from Italian) by Alice Crisanti, by far the best assessment of the figure of this illustrious scholar, also including his rather problematic relationship with Fascism.

Cari saluti,
Raffaele

Prof. Raffaele Torella
Emeritus Professor of Sanskrit