[INDOLOGY] In search of hard copies, and a scan: Aśoka

Jonathan Silk kauzeya at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 14:37:17 UTC 2024

Dear Friends

1.
Perhaps someone on this list can help: I have looked in vain for some time
for hard copies of two books that I might be able to buy. (I hasten to say
that this is basically motivated by pustakalobha, since i do have access to
the contents of the books in photocopies).

Paul Kent Andersen, *Studies in the Minor Rock Edicts of Aśoka*

Ulrich Schneider: *Die grossen Felsen-Edikte Aśokas*

Any hints to where copies might be available would be very welcome (just
write me privately, no need to clog the list with this).

Many thanks, in advance, and of course, I won't be surprised to hear that
after all no copies are available; they're not the kind of books which
would have been published in many copies to begin with, I imagine.

2.
Now, the other thing I am in search of -- hard copy or scan, I have no
access to this at all so far, and as far as I could see no nearby library
has it either -- is

Thaplyal, Kiran Kumar, 2009, A New Asokan Inscription from Ratanpurwa
(Jñāna-Pravāha
Monograph, I), Varanasi.
A scan would be very welcome! (Yes, I know that Falk studied it as well.)

Many many thanks in advance!
Jonathan

--
Prof. dr. J.A. Silk
Leiden University

website: www.OpenPhilology.eu
copies of my publications may be found at
https://leidenuniv.academia.edu/JASilk