[INDOLOGY] Film of Poona's 1955 Vajapeya

François Voegeli francois.voegeli at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 17:16:56 UTC 2023

Dear Members of the List,

In 1955 a Vājapeya performance was filmed in Poona.

Part of this documentary can be seen on Youtube (with horrible
watermarks) here: https://youtu.be/0ApJctw4LPs?si=McDghQC-4QjbRDCk.

I have looked for the whole film a little bit everywhere on the Net but
came up empty handed. It is not available on archive.org. I looked also
in the BBC archives, as it seems to have been produced in GB, but found
nothing. It also seems to be unavailable in India, at least from
Google's point of view.

Does anyone know if a full copy of this documentary is available
somewhere, if possible for free (and without watermarks) as I shall use
it for educational purposes?

Any help much welcomed.

Yours sincerely,

F. Voegeli