[INDOLOGY] Sanskrit in ChatGPT

Harry Spier vasishtha.spier at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 02:42:32 UTC 2023

Minor clarification.  The examples I gave are from Google Translate not
ChaptGPT but clearly what you say makes sense to that also.
 I'm wondering how does an AI application learn how to translate a
language.  Do human beings program in a bunch of translation rules of how
to translate language x to language y  and then these human beings refine
the rules over time.  Or is there a kind of general artificial intelligence
programmed into a computer that is just fed thousands of sentences and
their translations and from that it learns how to translate language x to
language y and with more sentences fed in, it itself refines its
translation ability.? In other words learning language translation almost
like a human being, by practice.

Harry Spier