[INDOLOGY] Unidentified script

KORN Agnes agnes.korn at cnrs.fr
Mon Nov 20 13:12:53 UTC 2023

Dear all,

Unless someone knows a calligraphic style that looks like this, I’d suggest it rather is “pseudo-script”. Some shapes resemble Middle Persian characters, but not more than that, and the remaining ones surely are not MP. If one wants, one can also find some similarities to letters of other scripts, but nothing coherent.
Thus perhaps rather decoration that looks somewhat script-like.

Best,
Agnes