[INDOLOGY] My new monograph "Modern Jainism" and two recently co-edited volumes (Philosophy of Religion AND Hinduism)

Professor Pankaj Jain पंकज जैन, Ph.D. pankajaindia at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 02:59:28 UTC 2023

Colleagues,

Pleased to share my monograph, *Modern Jainism: A Historical Approach
(2023)* https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-981-99-2485-1
This book examines the lives and ideologies of some of the most influential
19th and 20th-century Jain ascetic leaders that remain little known in the
Western world. The book's first part provides a detailed philosophical
overview of Jain thought based on the seminal Hindi text *Jain Darshan*.

Taking this opportunity also to share the two recently co-edited volumes:
*1.** Indian and Western Philosophical Concepts in Religion* (2023)
https://rowman.com/ISBN/9781793623157/Indian-and-Western-Philosophical-Concepts-in-Religion
(co-edited with Jeffery Long)
This volume is based on ideas from different Indic philosophies and how
they can enrich the theory and methods in religious studies.

*2.* *(Springer Encyclopedia of) **Hinduism and Tribal Religions* (2022)
https://link.springer.com/referencework/10.1007/978-94-024-1188-1
(co-edited with Jeffery Long, Rita Sherma, and Madhu Khanna)

Thanks and regards,
____

Professor Pankaj Jain, Ph.D., पंकज जैन
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pankaj_Jain>