[INDOLOGY] Sanskrit courses at SOAS open to Associate Students

Lidia Wojtczak lw24 at soas.ac.uk
Mon Jul 10 20:50:06 UTC 2023

Dear Dominik and other colleagues who raised this point,
I apologise for not making this clearer.
Unfortunately, all universities in the UK require that students pay tuition. The prices for all of the SOAS courses made available to Associate Students (i.e., non-SOAS students) are set by the University on a cost-per-credit basis. As Lubomir has noted, this is £850 for 15 credit modules (1 term). I realise that this will be discouraging for many interested and gifted students, which is a huge shame. Sadly, there is nothing I, or anyone else, can do to impact these fees at the moment, we can only hope that the success of this and similar initiatives will compel universities to rethink these fee structures in the future.
With warm wishes,
Lidia

Dr Lidia Wojtczak
Lecturer in Sanskrit and Phonology