[INDOLOGY] Some good news

Julia Hegewald julia.hegewald at uni-bonn.de
Fri Aug 18 11:58:10 UTC 2023

Dear All,

I have heard that allegedly some colleagues were not able to enter India with their eVisas as their work did not entirely correspond to the views of the Indian government. Allegedly, they were not admitted to the country when they arrived at the airport (in Delhi and Mumbai) and were sent back on the first flight. Unfortunately, I was unable to obtain actual names as this is an uncomfortable situation which I guess, people do not publicly want to be associated with - however, it appears to apply to more and more colleagues these days.

Has anybody had direct experience with this or further information on this practice? It would be more helpful if one’s visa was turned down before one travelled.

With best wishes,

Julia.