[INDOLOGY] Some good news

Lubomír Ondračka ondracka at ff.cuni.cz
Fri Aug 18 08:17:02 UTC 2023

In fact, India introduced eVisa back in 2014. Initially just a tourist
visa for a limited number of countries and for 30 days only, but
gradually they expanded the number of countries, type of visa and length
of validity. In 2019, I got a five-year tourist eVisa. The system was
very efficient from the start, with visas usually granted within one or
two days.

The only annoying restriction is that you must enter India at an airport
or seaport, not at a land crossing.

Lubomir