[INDOLOGY] Accusative of direction

dermot at grevatt.force9.co.uk dermot at grevatt.force9.co.uk
Wed Sep 18 10:22:54 UTC 2019

Dear Madhav,

Thank you for posting this article. I found it very interesting, having thought about this
problem myself without having your erudition to think about it so clearly.

Apart from the purely linguistic arguments, your suggestion that Panini thinks in terms of
desire because that's the way ritual theory works is very interesting. Staal would no doubt
have agreed -- did he comment on it?

I also derive great pleasure from your Krishna verses, and share selected ones with mytwo
ISKCON students.

With best wishes,

Dermot