[INDOLOGY] Sanskrit Word Frequency

Martin Gluckman m.gluckman at anu.edu.au
Tue Feb 9 09:03:34 UTC 2016

Dear Friends,

I would be interested to hear if anyone is actively working on compiling
Sanskrit Word Frequency data as has been done in English by BYU (and
others) and published at:

http://www.wordfrequency.info/

Such a project would be of immense scholarly value and I would like to
survey if anyone has made efforts in this light.

I am aware of the DCS data and the ability to see word frequency in an
individual text based on what has been inputted into the DCS data bank e.g.:

http://kjc-fs-cluster.kjc.uni-heidelberg.de/dcs/index.php?contents=frequent_words_in_text&IDText=41

[image: Inline image 1]

Beyond this I have not found anything and would be very happy to learn of
what might be out there.

Kindest Wishes,

Martin Gluckman