What Devanagari text would you most like as an e-text

Jonathan Silk kauzeya at GMAIL.COM
Sat May 30 05:51:36 UTC 2009

I have the impression that in addition to the materials publicly or
semi-publicly available, there are also --perhaps substantial--materials
privately input, perhaps in so-called legacy systems. It might be profitable
to try to make an effort to bring such things into general circulation as
well, even if this means a certain amount of conversion is also
necessary--probably better than starting over. I have, for instance, heard
that German scholars, perhaps those associated with the Turfan project(s),
have a huge database of Buddhist Sanskrit materials, much of which is not
otherwise, as far as I know, available, but that it resides in some
dinosaur-era format... Moreover, of course, many people input things
themselves, and circulate them to their friends and colleagues; if one is
lucky enough to encounter such a person while in possession of a large hard
drive... well, there must be a more systematic way to go about this.

very best, jonathan

--
J. Silk
Instituut Kern / Universiteit Leiden