increasinggreed/desires like salt water

Alex Passi a.passi at ALMA.UNIBO.IT
Mon Dec 1 07:25:33 UTC 2003

An absolute gold mine for proverbs was recommended to me by prof.
Aklujkar about three years ago, and is presumably still available:
bhAratIya kahAvata saMgraha (Proverbs of India) in three volumes, by
vizvanAtha dinakara naravaNe. The latest reprint (original copyright,
1978) I have knowledge of was published in Pune by bhAratIya vicAra
sAdhanA prakAzana in 1997. It is a monumental work. All the entries
have English translations, and a brief paragraph in English for the
general subject of each chapter.
Cheers,
Alex Passi