"Bagger Vance" & Doniger on the Gita

Bhadraiah Mallampalli vaidix at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 15 11:34:10 UTC 2001

>Then it's perfectly proper (and sometimes desirable) to be provocative.

Thank you Prof Valerie Roebuck, I do that myself many times to invite more
discussion.. a typical interview technique to steer the the interviewer
towards one's stronghold.

kriSna played a dual role in mahAbhArata as a strategist and pacifist. On
one hand he kept preparing pANDavAs for the battle, but when he was sent as
an ambassador he said even five villages are ok for them. His role as a
pacifist was improperly ignored. I understand it is not possible to discuss
everything in a presentation, but a more relaxed reflection on the topic
should have made her realize the omission. The message of gIta was kriSNa's
pacifism was timely and arjuna's pacifism is not.

Best regads
Bhadraiah