Asian Religions and Modern Science

SNS sns at IX.NETCOM.COM
Mon Nov 16 17:06:15 UTC 1998

The Ritual Origin of Geometry and Origin of Mathematics
by Seidenberg in the Archive for History of Exact Sciences
There is a related paper by Seidenberg in Staals Agni
as well.

A recent publication which has a collection of some papers :
Computing Science in Ancient India
Editors: TRN Rao & Subhash Kak

Subrahmanya

At 09:36 AM 11/14/98 -0800, you wrote:
>A colleague, Mike McClymond of Saint Louis University, who has organized a
>series of conferences on Science and Religion with Templeton Foundation
>funds, has been asked by the Foundation to broaden the scope of these
>conference beyond the Judeo-Christian sphere.  He is therefore seeking
>suggestions of scholars, books, and articles dealing--in a substantive
>way- -with questions the interface between Hinduism and/or Buddhism and
>science (see below).  If anyone has any ideas, he and I would very much
>appreciate your sending them to: michael at slu.edu
>
>Thanks, Lance