Mahabharata duels, etc.

Russel Steven Moxham russel at RHI.HI.IS
Tue Jan 6 14:48:10 UTC 1998

I'm back. (I doubt you missed me.)
I've discovered just how hopeless the search is on Iceland for anything
from Mahabharata, and the cost of importing books is prohibitive. So, for
an essay I'm writing that touches on this stuff, would someone please just
tell me where (including year of publication if possible) in the text:
1) Arjuna is defeated--and revived, stronger than ever--by Siva?
2) Indra defeats Vrtra?
3) First mention (if any) is made of Indra's consequently acquired power of
Vrtrahan?
Thanks,
Regards,
        Russ