Two queries: MacAuley & Bruce Tapper

Sreenivas Paruchuri sreeni at KTPSP2.UNI-PADERBORN.DE
Tue Jan 6 12:07:39 UTC 1998

Greetings!

Prof. Bh. Krishnamurti sagte:

> Education in India dated 2nd February 1835. You will find the Minute in the
> collected works of Macaulay. It is true he made very derogatory remarks
> about the contents of classical (Sanskrit) literature in India. We ignore

Could someone please quote the exact title (and/or Volume) of his collected
works with the minute (from 1835)! When I search through Südwestdeutscher
Bibliotheksverbund - Catalogue, I get too many hits: Essays (Wien, 1924),
Speeches (2 vols, Leipzig, 1853), Critical and miscellaneous essays (2 vols,
1843, Philadelphia), Critical and historical essays (5 vols, 1853), Life and
Letters, etc.

My 2nd query has nothing to do with the above discussion ....

I am in search of an essay:
        Bruce Tapper, Andhra Shadow play jesters: Meaning, iconography, and
        history. Paper presented at the conference on Asian Puppet Theatre,
        London, 1979.

Are these conference proceedings published as a book?

Thanks and Regards,
Sreenivas

E-Mail: sreeni at ktp.uni-paderborn.de