[INDOLOGY] Summer workshop on Bhoja: call for applications

Andrew Ollett andrew.ollett at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 13:19:28 UTC 2024

Dear colleagues,

I am posting the below on behalf of Yigal Bronner and David Shulman, who
are not on this list. This is in reference to a workshop organized around
the works of King Bhoja (especially his *Śṛṅgāraprakāśa*) which will travel
between Indore and Bhopal on Sept. 8-18, 2024. Please send any questions to
Yigal and/or David.

Andrew

------------------------

Dear colleagues,

We are happy to announce the second meeting of our Bhoja group, this time
in his hometown, Dhar, and the surrounding area (September 8-18, 2024). We
plan to be based in Indore and Bhopal, with excursions to nearby sites, and
in between these excursions, to read from Bhoja’s *Śṛṅgāraprakāśa* and
related texts. The group is open for applications with a preference for
graduate students and postdocs, whether or not present at our first meeting
in Procida. At the moment, we are still finalizing the budget, so we cannot
make any commitments, but we hope very much that we will be able to cover
at least part of the accommodation costs. Those of you who might like to
attend: please send an email of interest that briefly states what might
lead you to join this group, what your language background is, and who
might serve as a reference (deadline for emails: April 30). Please also
mention if you can stay for the entire duration.

David Shulman and Yigal Bronner

ddshulman at yahoo.com
yigal.bronner at mail.huji.ac.il