[INDOLOGY] Who forced Sheldon Pollock to resign MCLI

Acharya Veeranarayana Pandurangi dharmayuddha2017 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 13:47:26 UTC 2024

Recent statement given by Archana and others contained (among other things)
a sentence
"The Library has been without a General Editor since 2022 after the
founding General Editor, Prof. Sheldon
Pollock, was forced to resign, also with no reason given"
It is a news for me.
I don't know who forced Sheldon Pollock to resign? and why?
atleast he must be knowing the reason behind it.
I don't think the pressure of hindutvavadis or a secret precondition (as
conspiracy theorists would like to think) for most recent appointment of
Sudha Murthy to Parliament  would be reason  behind it.

Murthys did not buckle to public charge in 2016 for removing him.

Neither Pollock is a so meack to fall to pressure,
Not even swadeshi indology would be behind it. Nobody took it seriously
though many scholars criticised MCLI publications.

What is the secret here.
Please enlighten me.