[INDOLOGY] Statement Regarding the Murty Classical Library of India

luther obrock luther.obrock at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 19:35:04 UTC 2024

Dear Prof. Venkatesan and Indology List,

I wanted to thank Archana for informing the wider community about the
events surrounding the Murty Classical Library of India. I do hope we can
lend our voices to call for an investigation of by the Provost at Harvard
University into the dismissal of the editorial board. These scholars have
been tirelessly undertaking a great humanistic enterprise to bring the
richness of the South Asian classical tradition to a wider readership; such
work must be celebrated and cultivated. I do hope that Harvard, the
Provost, and Prof. Patil will offer some clarification about recent events
and the future of MCLI soon.

Sincerely,

Luther Obrock

Assistant Professor of Sanskrit