[INDOLOGY] Statement Regarding the Murty Classical Library of India

Brendan Gillon brendan.gillon at mcgill.ca
Tue Mar 5 14:28:03 UTC 2024

Dear colleagues,

I too agree that the Murty Classical Library of India is a valuable book
series and its discontinuation would be a loss to Indology. I would be
happy to sign a letter to that effect.

I would in no circumstances sign a letter censuring someone without
having heard the accused person's side of the story. It is a fundamental
principle of law: `audi alteram partem' (`let the other side be heard').

Cordially yours,

Brendan Gillon

Brendan S. Gillon                       email:brendan.gillon at mcgill.ca
Department of Linguistics
McGill University                       tel.:  001 514 398 4868
1085, Avenue Docteur-Penfield
Montreal, Quebec                        fax.:  001 514 398 7088
H3A 1A7  CANADA

webpage:http://webpages.mcgill.ca/staff/group3/bgillo/web/