[INDOLOGY] David McAlpin

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Sun Jan 14 02:24:55 UTC 2024

Very sorry to hear about David McAlpin's demise. I had communicated rather
recently with him. His research about the possible connection of Dravidian
with Elamite opened a new direction to think about Indian prehistory. May
he rest in peace.

Madhav
Madhav M. Deshpande
Professor Emeritus, Sanskrit and Linguistics
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Senior Fellow, Oxford Center for Hindu Studies
Adjunct Professor, National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bangalore, India

[Residence: Campbell, California, USA]