[INDOLOGY] International Dunhuang Project site down?

KORN Agnes agnes.korn at cnrs.fr
Tue Feb 20 11:15:28 UTC 2024

I agree about printing books ;-)

As for http://idp.bbaw.de, I notice that some manuscripts are indeed available (with big photos and everything), e.g. http://idp.bbaw.de/database/oo_scroll_h.a4d?uid=4383515097;recnum=122002;index=1 , http://idp.bbaw.de/database/oo_scroll_h.a4d?uid=4385781817;recnum=93242;index=3 etc.
NB that when finding e.g. “THT 4021” by the search engine, viz. http://idp.bbaw.de/database/search_results.a4d?uid=4383515097;random=2520, one needs to click onto the thumbnail photo (not on the title “Berlin-…”) to get to the right page.

However, holdings from other libraries do not seem to be available, e.g. the Pelliot manuscripts are listed (http://idp.bbaw.de/database/search_results.a4d?uid=4404409617;random=19663), but one can’t access them.

Also, some of the other IDP pages listed on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Dunhuang_Project#IDP_Centres and on http://idp.bbaw.de don’t seem to operate (e.g. the French one); it would be interesting to know whether this has something to do with the main IDP site not operating, or whether there are separate problems.

GOOD NEWS: It seems that a new IDP page replacing the British Library thing that got hacked will be launched very soon.
We’ll see whether this helps with the problems of the other web sites.

We are looking into the TITUS problem, but haven’t been able yet to get someone who can solve the problem.
Thus do use https://titus.fkidg1.uni-frankfurt.de for the moment being.

Best,
Agnes