[INDOLOGY] Frits Staal on the sameness of Vedic recitation

Finnian Moore-Gerety finnian_moore-gerety at brown.edu
Sun Feb 18 21:51:01 UTC 2024

In addition to the resources already mentioned, Smithsonian Folkways still offers “The Four Vedas” for purchase in digital form, along with a free download of the extensive liner notes:

https://folkways.si.edu/the-four-vedas/poetry-world/album/smithsonian
The Four Vedas | Smithsonian Folkways Recordings
folkways.si.edu

My annotated bibliography on “Vedic Oral Tradition” <https://www.oxfordbibliographies.com/display/document/obo-9780195399318/obo-9780195399318-0184.xml> surveys much of this scholarly terrain up through 2017 (apologies for the paywall):
Gerety, Finnian. 2017. “Vedic Oral Tradition.” Oxford Bibliographies Online: Hinduism. Ed. Tracey Coleman. New York: Oxford University Press. DOI:10.1093/OBO/9780195399318-0184

Yours,
Finnian