[INDOLOGY] Frits Staal on the sameness of Vedic recitation

Shrikant Bahulkar shrikant.bahulkar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 05:14:06 UTC 2024

What Madhav says is correct. In his book "Veda Recitation in Vārāṇasī",
Wayne Howard points out how the same mantra or hymn is recited by the
reciters differently. There is a major difference in the way of the
recitation of the Ṛgveda (Maharashtra and Kerala), Śukla Yajurveda
(Mādhyandina and Kāṇva), Jaiminīya Sāmaveda (Tamilnadu and Nambudiri), and
so on.
Shrikant Bahulkar
Chief Editor
Bhāgavata Purāṇa Project
Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute, Pune