[INDOLOGY] Status of GRETIL

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 14:04:19 UTC 2024

That is still possible.  A while back, I took all the GRETIL files and put
them into GitHub.

   - https://github.com/wujastyk/GRETIL-mirror

If you hit the green button, there's an option to download the whole lot as
a zip file.

Maximilian Mehner, the last maintainer of GRETIL at Goettingen did the same
thing,

   - https://github.com/mmehner/gretil-corpus-tei

The versions of the files available in Max's repository are just the XML
ones (TEI P5 encoding).  There are lots of tools for converting XML into
anything else, like TEIgarage <https://teigarage.tei-c.org/>, so you can
convert files to any other format you want.  My repository, GRETIL-mirror,
has everything that was at GRETIL two years ago.

Best,
Dominik