[INDOLOGY] stone traps

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Sat Apr 27 13:49:12 UTC 2024

There are descriptions from medieval Maratha warfare against the enemy
sieges of forts. They would make stacks of stones in such a way that with
one push the stones would roll down on the soldiers climbing the hill or
walls.

Madhav M. Deshpande
Professor Emeritus, Sanskrit and Linguistics
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Senior Fellow, Oxford Center for Hindu Studies
Adjunct Professor, National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bangalore, India

[Residence: Campbell, California, USA]