[INDOLOGY] search for book

Jonathan Silk kauzeya at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 09:34:50 UTC 2024

Dear Herman

I am not sure whether this is what you are after, but there is a series of
studies (I have only ever seen Vol I, but in looking it up I learn that
there are actually 3), which can be found here:
https://www.jainfoundation.in/JAINLIBRARY/books/agama_and_tripitaka_comparative_study_022804_hr6.pdf

I now discover that Vol II is on Archive:
https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.125412/page/n7/mode/2up

Vol III I have found for sale in hard copy but I'm not sure whether it is
otherwise available. (eg here--NB: this is not an advertisement, only for
information:
https://www.bibliaimpex.com/index.php?p=sr&format=fullpage&Field=bookcode&String=9788180693380
)

I hope this helps,
Jonathan

On Sat, Apr 20, 2024 at 9:21 PM Tieken, H.J.H. (Herman) via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> Dear List members
>
> In his book *Self and Non-Self in Early Buddhism* Joaquín Pérez-Remón for
> correspondences between passages from the Buddhist Pāli canon and Jaina
> texts more than once refers to the following book:
>
> The Teachings of Lord Mahāvīra, Śrī Mahāvīra vacanāmr̥ta,
> Shah, Dhirajlal Tokershi
>
> The book is not available in Leiden and the nearest library which has a
> copy is in Oxford.
> I wonder if there is a Jaina website with a scan or other type of
> electronic version of the book.
>
> Or are there other (better) publications systematically dealing with such
> correspondences of passages and terms (beside than W.B. Bollée's *The
> Pādas of the Suttanipāta*)?
>
> With kind regards, Herman
>

> <https://catalogue.leidenuniv.nl/discovery/fulldisplay?docid=cdi_crl_catalog_b12943733&context=PC&vid=31UKB_LEU:UBL_V1&lang=en&search_scope=MyInst_and_CI&adaptor=Primo%20Central&tab=Everything&query=any%2Ccontains%2Cdhirajlal%20shah%20the%20teachings%20of%20lord%20mahavira&offset=0&pcAvailability=true>
>
> Herman Tieken
> Stationsweg 58
> 2515 BP Den Haag
> The Netherlands
> 00 31 (0)70 2208127
> website: hermantieken.com
>
> *The Aśoka Inscriptions: Analysing a corpus*, New Delhi: Primus Books,
> 2023.
>
> https://primusbooks.com/ancient/the-asoka-inscriptions-analysing-a-corpus-by-herman-tieken/

Prof. dr. J.A. Silk
Leiden University
Leiden University Institute for Area Studies, LIAS
Matthias de Vrieshof 3, Room 0.05b
2311 BZ Leiden

website: www.OpenPhilology.eu
copies of my publications may be found at
https://leidenuniv.academia.edu/JASilk