[INDOLOGY] Padacandrikā -> Kanduka-tantra

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 05:05:59 UTC 2024

This link seems to be a Japanese one . Since you are in Japan now, you may
be able to access

https://bauddha.dhii.jp/INBUDS/adm.php?od=8&m=sch&uekey=%E7%A7%98%E6%88%AF%E8%A1%93%EF%BC%88Kanduka-tantra%EF%BC%89&ekey1=keywordsstr&lim=20&ekey=%E7%A7%98%E6%88%AF%E8%A1%93%EF%BC%88Kanduka-tantra%EF%BC%89

On Thu, Apr 11, 2024 at 9:42 AM patrick mccartney via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> Dear Friends,
>
> This is in relation to Daṇḍin's Dasakumāracarita and the monthly ritual of *kanduka-krīḍita
> *that the princess, Kandukavatī, performed for Vindhyavāsinī during
> *kṛttikā*.
>
> Raghavan (1960, 149) has briefly mentioned a:
>
> 'commentary *Padacandrikā* quotes a treatise called *Kanduka-tantra *on
> the art of playing with ball.'
>
> Raghavan, V., ed. 1960. Nṛttaratnavali of Jāya Senāpati. Madras:
> Government Oriental Manuscripts Library.
>
> I would be most grateful for any information about how to locate and
> access these two texts.
>

> Thank you.
>
> All the best,
>
> Patrick McCartney, PhD
> Phoenix Fellow 2023–26, HIroshima University, Japan
> ISRF Fellow 2022–23 - Universidade de Santiago de Compostela, Spain
> Research Associate - Nanzan University Anthropological Institute, Nagoya,
> Japan
> Visiting Fellow - South and South-east Asian Studies Department, Australian
> National University
>

> Skype / Zoom - psdmccartney
> Phone + Whatsapp + Line:  +61410644259
> Twitter - @psdmccartney @yogascapesinjap
>  Yogascapes in Japan <http://yogascapes.weebly.com/> Academia
> <https://patrickmccartney.academia.edu/> Linkedin
> <https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=241756978&trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile>
>
> *bodhapūrvam calema* ;-)

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.
Dean, IndicA
BoS, MIT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune, Maharashtra
BoS Kavikulaguru Kalidasa Sanskrit University, Ramtek, Maharashtra
BoS Veda Vijnana Gurukula, Bengaluru.
Member, Advisory Council, Veda Vijnana Shodha Samsthanam, Bengaluru
Former Senior Professor of Cultural Studies,
Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.