[INDOLOGY] Meaning of dot over numerals

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Tue Apr 2 00:40:39 UTC 2024

Dear Harry,

     In all likelihood, this is a sign for the letter ॐ.

Madhav

Madhav M. Deshpande
Professor Emeritus, Sanskrit and Linguistics
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Senior Fellow, Oxford Center for Hindu Studies
Adjunct Professor, National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bangalore, India

[Residence: Campbell, California, USA]