[INDOLOGY] Sad news

Christophe Vielle christophe.vielle at uclouvain.be
Tue Sep 19 07:20:16 UTC 2023

Very sad news, indeed,
I had a very pleasant (last) exchange with him last summer, concerning an archive photography here found, on which picture Bruno Dagens is seen behind Etienne Lamotte, in the garden of the latter's property when Lamotte was celebrating his emeritus with a few colleagues, on the 8th of October 1974 — Bruno Dagens was in charge of the Sanskrit course in Louvain for a few years after Lamotte's retirement.
[cid:3BDA462C-A44E-427C-BFE1-204DF2506E69]
He came back to Louvain(-la-Neuve then) as member of the jury of my habilitation degree in 2007.
Among his last works, there is a nice portrait of the late Jacques Dumarçay, his friend, issued in the BEFEO 107, 2021, pp. 11-45, and the Traité de l'habitat: Le Mayamata: Morceau choisis, introduits, commentés et traduits du sanskrit, Paris: Les Belles Lettres, série indienne, 2022.
Best wishes to him,
Christophe