[INDOLOGY] Rāmarāyanabakhire

patrick mccartney psdmccartney at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 05:07:03 UTC 2023

Dear Friends,

I'm trying to find the source of this mention of Dommara acrobats. It is
located on p. 234 of this book.
<https://ia904704.us.archive.org/8/items/in.ernet.dli.2015.52850/2015.52850.Studies-In-The-History-Of-The-Third-Dynasty-Of-Vijayanagara_text.pdf>

Here is the mention of acrobats:

"The Dommara acrobatic feats before the regent Rāmarāja are described at
some length in the *Rāmarāyanabakhire*."

Here is the footnote: *The Bharati x. p. 753*

I would be most grateful if someone were to help locate this reference.

Thank you.

All the best,

Patrick McCartney, PhD
Phoenix Fellow 2023–26, HIroshima University, Japan
ISRF Fellow 2022–23 - Universidade de Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Research Associate - Nanzan University Anthropological Institute, Nagoya,
Japan
Visiting Fellow - South and South-east Asian Studies Department, Australian
National University

Skype / Zoom - psdmccartney
Phone + Whatsapp + Line:  +61410644259
Twitter - @psdmccartney @yogascapesinjap