[INDOLOGY] the sign/sound nexus in Indic scripts

Matthew Kapstein mattkapstein at proton.me
Mon Sep 4 12:25:33 UTC 2023

Hi Arlo,

It’s an interesting problem and Tibetan, Burmese, Thai and Cambodian all present analogous issues as well. There are no doubt other cases, perhaps Lao, Cham, etc. I would be interested to learn of serious comparative work on the question. Perhaps a topic for a workshop ?

best,
Matthew

Sent from Proton Mail for iOS