[INDOLOGY] The role of the sūta

Shubha Pathak pathak at american.edu
Fri Sep 1 10:07:43 UTC 2023

Dear James et al.,

Please also see the fourth chapter of my book Divine Yet Human Epics: Reflections of Poetic Rulers from Ancient Greece and India (https://www.hup.harvard.edu/catalog.php?isbn=9780674726758).

Sincerely,
Shubha

–––
Shubha Pathak, PhD, PhD
Associate Professor
Department of Philosophy and Religion
American University
Battelle-Tompkins 113
4400 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20016-8056

Phone: 202-885-2957<tel:202-885-2957>
Fax: 202-885-1094<tel:202-885-1094>
E-mail: pathak at american.edu<mailto:pathak at american.edu>
Web pages: http://www.american.edu/cas/faculty/pathak.cfm

                    https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4087-0601

________________________________
From: INDOLOGY <indology-bounces at list.indology.info> on behalf of Nagaraj Paturi via INDOLOGY <indology at list.indology.info>
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2023 3:37 AM
To: Asko Parpola <aparpola at gmail.com>
Cc: indology at list.indology.info <indology at list.indology.info>
Subject: Re: [INDOLOGY] The role of the sūta

External Email: Use caution with links and attachments.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/24663308<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.jstor.org/stable/24663308__;!!IaT_gp1N!yao_DkEsSZmMb1zf14sEmwtB4oQcL5cE7vn5bksxr5OM6kpKf2as-LUKsAyscaOeiktOwLJu094GKIp0xPu62o-4ZB4R$>

OF ŚŪDRAS, SŪTAS, AND ŚLOKAS: WHY IS THE "MAHĀBHĀRATA" PREEMINENTLY IN THE "ANUṢṬUBH" METRE?