[INDOLOGY] Popular Astrology and Divination in South Asia 10th to 16th Centuries

Matthew Kapstein mattkapstein at proton.me
Tue Oct 31 17:56:32 UTC 2023

Dear James,

I am not sure that I understand the force of "popular" in your heading,
but one place to begin might be David Pingree, Jyotiḥṣāstra (1981), in A History of Indian Literature, vol. VI, fasc. 4. It's quite dense, but encompasses a great range of information on astrology, mathematics, and divination, much of it from the period that interests you.

good luck!
Matthew

Matthew T. Kapstein
Professor emeritus
Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes, PSL Research University, Paris

Associate
The University of Chicago Divinity School

https://ephe.academia.edu/MatthewKapstein

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.