[INDOLOGY] Exhibit at the Museum of Art and Photography

Ananya Vajpeyi vajpeyi at csds.in
Mon Oct 30 02:30:10 UTC 2023

Yes, the last work of my dear friend, the gifted art historian Prof. Kavita
Singh, who passed away on July 30, just before the MAP show was to go up.
Her final lecture, delivered on July 15 in New Delhi, described this
illustrated Ramcharitmanas from Banaras and told of how she had put the
show together over several years of research. The exhibition is co-curated
by her former student Parul Singh, but Kavita finished writing the wall
text just weeks before she passed away. A must-see, for all those
interested in North Indian courtly painting, book culture and manuscript
illumination.

Here’s the lecture —

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ptqxg3wUu2c

Best wishes,

AV.

On Sunday, October 29, 2023, Timothy Cahill via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Those in Bangalore (or nearby) can take advantage of an exhibit at M.A.P.
> containing paintings from an illustrated manuscript of the Ramcharitmanas.
> Others can view digitized images (over 500) that accompany the text here:
>
> https://map-india.org/exhibition/book-of-gold-the-
> kanchana-chitra-ramayana-of-banaras/
>
> Best wishes,
> Tim Cahill
>
> --
> Timothy C. Cahill, PhD
> स:, तम्, तेन, तस्मै, तस्मात्, तस्य, तस्मिन्
> Associate Professor
> Department of Religious Studies
> Loyola University New Orleans
> 6363 St. Charles Ave.