[INDOLOGY] Whitney and doubling of "ch"

Hock, Hans Henrich hhhock at illinois.edu
Wed Oct 18 20:42:38 UTC 2023

Interesting …

On Oct 18, 2023, at 15:33, Madhav Deshpande <mmdesh at umich.edu> wrote:

At least, this manuscript seems to write गछति and अछा, for what would normally be read as गच्छति and अच्छा.
<image.png>

But there is likely to be variation among the manuscripts.

Madhav M. Deshpande
Professor Emeritus, Sanskrit and Linguistics
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Senior Fellow, Oxford Center for Hindu Studies
Adjunct Professor, National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bangalore, India

[Residence: Campbell, California, USA]