[INDOLOGY] Benares Sanskrit College Catalogue

Elliot Stern emstern1948 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 19:16:05 UTC 2023

Dear Jean Michel,

The Benares Sanskrit College 1911 catalogue also does not include any pūrvamīmāṃsā manuscripts. I was first curious to see if the Nyāyakaṇikā manuscript reported in the 1888 (?) catalogue would also appear there, but did not find it. I expect that another volume may have been planned in 1911, but was not published.

You will find here a reference to the earlier catalogue: https://www.oeaw.ac.at/resources/Record/990002234850504498/Details . I have not seen any soft copy of this catalogue on line, and I have a Xerox copy of only the title page and the page for the Nyāyakaṇikā manuscript.

Theodor Aufrecht cites this ms  as Ben 30 on page 534 of Catalogus Catalogorum (1891).

Elliot M. Stern
552 South 48th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19143-2029
emstern1948 at gmail.com