[INDOLOGY] International Directory of University Sanskrit Programs

Jan E.M. Houben jemhouben at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 10:33:07 UTC 2023

Dear McComas,
Thanks so much for your effort.
As Andrea Acri has pointed out to me (and to you), the Sanskrit teaching
offered at the Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes (EPHE-PSL) and the PG
programs in Sanskrit Studies it offers are not yet in the list.
The Year of Establishment of a Sanskrit program here is 1868.
At present we are part of the Master Etudes Asiatiques (2 years), a
programme that is followed by a 3-year PhD programme.
More details in the form which I filled up and have just sent.
Greetings from Paris,
Jan

On Mon, 9 Oct 2023 at 05:58, McComas Taylor via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> Dear Colleagues
>
> After a delay that was much too long, we are pleased to announce that the
> International Association of Sanskrit Studies' first Directory of
> University Sanskrit Programs is now available through the IASS website:
>
> https://sanskritassociation.org/directory.php
>
> We hope that the directory will help prospective students to find a
> suitable home. It will enable and encourage collaboration between
> universities and will also enable the IASS monitor the overall health of
> our discipline.
>
> If you would like to update your entry or add your institution, please
> follow the link at the bottom of the page.
>
> Thanks to everyone who contributed data to this world first.
>
> Yours sincerely,
>
> McComas
> IASS Secretary-General
>

> <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fiB0n7ntr7sZat25_IeJJiznc8FbXYti/view?usp=sharing>
>
> *McComas Taylor, *Associate Professor, Reader in Sanskrit
> College of Asia and Pacific, Australian National University
> Secretary-General, International Assoc. of Sanskrit Studies
> THE 5TH AUSTRALASIAN SANSKRIT CONFERENCE, 2-3 DECEMBER 2023

*Jan E.M. Houben*

Directeur d'Études, Professor of South Asian History and Philology

*Sources et histoire de la tradition sanskrite*

École Pratique des Hautes Études (EPHE, Paris Sciences et Lettres)

*Sciences historiques et philologiques *

Groupe de recherches en études indiennes (EA 2120)

*johannes.houben [at] ephe.psl.eu <johannes.houben at ephe.psl.eu>*

*https://ephe-sorbonne.academia.edu/JanEMHouben
<https://ephe-sorbonne.academia.edu/JanEMHouben>*

*https://www.classicalindia.info* <https://www.classicalindia.info>

LabEx Hastec -- *L'Inde Classique* augmentée: construction, transmission

     et transformations d'un savoir scientifique