[INDOLOGY] List of webwites to convert devanagari and transliteration

Claudius Teodorescu claudius.teodorescu at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 08:08:56 UTC 2023

Sanskrit Library: https://sanskritlibrary.org/transcodeText.html.

Such a list is a very nice idea. When the list is ready, I think it would
be excellent to have a feature comparison table, in order to extract main
features for improving these software products in the future, or even
develop new ones. I would use WebAssembly and the SLP1 as the pivotal
eucoding, to provide the transcoding, in order to move the computation
burden to the browser, and have a static, simple webpage.

Best regards,
Claudius Teodorescu

On Fri, 6 Oct 2023 at 02:32, Antonia Ruppel via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> On Lexilogos, you can copy and paste text and convert it into
> transliteration or nagari. It does Vedic accents, too.
>
> https://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/sanskrit_devanagari.htm
>
> Antonia
>
> On Fri 6 Oct 2023 at 01:28, Harry Spier via INDOLOGY <
> indology at list.indology.info> wrote:
>
>> Thank you Adheesh,
>> I'm trying to make a list of all(most) of the sites that do this.
>>
>> Harry Spier
>>

>> On Thu, Oct 5, 2023 at 7:20 PM Adheesh via INDOLOGY <
>> indology at list.indology.info> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone - Aksharamukha by Vinodh Rajan is the only resource you will
>>> need for practically any Unicode script conversion you may wish to do,
>>> including IAST to DN :
>>>
>>> Aksharamukha <https://aksharamukha.appspot.com/converter>
>>> aksharamukha.appspot.com <https://aksharamukha.appspot.com/converter>
>>> [image: favicon-32x32.png] <https://aksharamukha.appspot.com/converter>
>>> <https://aksharamukha.appspot.com/converter>
>>>
>>> highly recommended!
>>>
>>> With all best wishes,
>>> Adheesh
>>>
>>> On Oct 5, 2023, at 15:59, Harry Spier via INDOLOGY <
>>> indology at list.indology.info> wrote:
>>>

>>> Dear list members,
>>> I'm trying to make a list of all websites that convert unicode
>>> transliteration (IAST) to devanagari and vis versa.  So please send me the
>>> links you are aware of.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Harry Spier

Cu stimă,