[INDOLOGY] Avesta and Rig Veda

Arash Zeini arash.zeini at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 17:12:17 UTC 2023

Dear Patricia,

I don't know which similarities your friend is after, but two suggestions:

- Witzel, Michael. 2011. Gandhāra and the formation of the Vedic and
Zoroastrian canons <http://nrs.harvard.edu/urn-3:HUL.InstRepos:9887626>. In
Proceedings of the International Symposium. The Book. Romania. Europa.
Etudes euro- et afro-asiatiques. 490-532. Bucharest: Biblioteca
Bucureştilor. <<< Agnes, is this the article you had in mind?
- Stausberg, Michael & Yuhan Sohrab-Dinshaw Vevaina (eds.). 2023. *The
Wiley Blackwell companion to Zoroastrianism
<https://www.wiley.com/en-gb/The+Wiley+Blackwell+Companion+to+Zoroastrianism-p-9781119867562>*
(Wiley Blackwell Companions to Religion). Chichester: Wiley-Blackwell. <<<
Part I will have a number of articles of interest to your friend.

All best,
Arash
--
Dr Arash Zeini
Bahari Research Fellow

Co-editor of The roar of silence: A Festschrift in honour of François de
Blois
<https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/journal-of-the-royal-asiatic-society/issue/1EF513D087511E03E30DD135FC132CB3?sort=canonical.position%3Aasc&pageNum=1&searchWithinIds=1EF513D087511E03E30DD135FC132CB3&productType=JOURNAL_ARTICLE&template=cambridge-core%2Fjournal%2Farticle-listings%2Flistings-wrapper&hideArticleJournalMetaData=true&displayNasaAds=false>
(2021)
Author of Zoroastrian Scholasticism in Late Antiquity
<https://edinburghuniversitypress.com/book-zoroastrian-scholasticism-in-late-antiquity.html>
(2020)