[INDOLOGY] Avesta and Rig Veda

Agnes Korn agnes.korn at cnrs.fr
Thu Oct 5 11:44:05 UTC 2023

Dear all,

hm, which similarities exactly?

Concerning grammar, there is the old, but still impressive for showing
the parallelisms
     A. V. Williams Jackson: An Avesta grammar, in comparison with
Sanskrit. Part I. Phonology, inflection, word-formation. Stuttgart 1892

Concerning metrics, I've ventured to discuss similarities and
differences in the first chapter of
     Metrik und metrische Techniken im Rgveda: Streckformen in
Trimeter-Versen. Graz 1998
(https://titus.uni-frankfurt.de/personal/agnes/dipl.htm), which will be
reprinted in the nearer future (and I could send the 1st chapter if
someone is interested).

Concerning the ritual, I have an article by Michael Witzel in mind which
discussed the parallel elements in Avestan and Vedic texts, but
unfortunately I can't remember the title now.

Perhaps other list members can help.

Best wishes,
Agnes