[INDOLOGY] PhD Scholarships, Doctoral Program in Buddhist Studies at LMU Munich (reminder)

vincent.tournier at lmu.de vincent.tournier at lmu.de
Sun Oct 1 11:43:45 UTC 2023

Dear Colleagues,

Allow me to share with you the reminder of the open call for applications for PhD scholarships offered by the LMU Doctoral Programme in Buddhist Studies, circulated a couple of days back on H-Buddhism by Simone Heidegger.

The Institute for Indology and Tibetology plays an important role in this cross-faculty interdisciplinary doctoral programme. Since it already possesses quite a few scholars whose expertise cover a broad variety of topics, and in view of the fact that its current rebooting is bringing new colleagues and approaches into the picture, we hope that we can perhaps attract the attention of Indological (and of course Tibetological) students looking for a graduate programme.

I would therefore be very grateful if you could encourage suitable candidates to apply.

Best wishes,

Vincent T.

______

This is a reminder about our call for applications. The deadline is October 25th, 2023

The Doctoral Program in Buddhist Studies at the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität in Munich, Germany offers two PhD scholarships for dissertation projects related to Buddhism.

Deadline for applications: October 25th, 2023
Start of scholarship: Spring, Summer or Autumn 2024
Duration of scholarship: 4 years
Scholarship amount: € 1,200 per month + insurance + support for rent + € 230-460 per year (research allowance) + lump sum for travel + family allowance
Scholarship donor: German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) (Graduate School Scholarship Program / GSSP)

For details concerning the application and our doctoral program, please visit our homepage:
https://www.en.buddhismus-studien.uni-muenchen.de/currentissues/phd-scholarships-2024/index.html
https://www.en.buddhismus-studien.uni-muenchen.de/currentissues/phd-scholarships-2024/phd-scholarships2024.pdf

Contact Information
Dr. Simone Heidegger
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
Doctoral Program in Buddhist Studies
Oettingenstraße 67
D-80538 München

<buddhist-studies at lrz.uni-muenchen.de>
https://www.en.buddhismus-studien.uni-muenchen.de/index.html

Contact Email
buddhist-studies at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
URL
https://www.en.buddhismus-studien.uni-muenchen.de/currentissues/phd-scholarship… <https://www.en.buddhismus-studien.uni-muenchen.de/currentissues/phd-scholarships-2024/index.html>

Prof. Dr. Vincent Tournier
Professor of Classical Indology
LMU Munich — Department for Asian Studies
Institut für Indologie und Tibetologie
Geschwister-Scholl-Platz 1 | 80539 München | Deutschland
Tel.: +49 (0)89 2180-5501