[INDOLOGY] Sanskrit in ChatGPT

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Mon Nov 27 20:58:40 UTC 2023

I have also tried the free ChatGPT with Sanskrit and Marathi, but I notice
that there are too many errors in the output. I hear that students are
already beginning to use Google-Translator to do their Sanskrit homework.

Madhav M. Deshpande
Professor Emeritus, Sanskrit and Linguistics
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Senior Fellow, Oxford Center for Hindu Studies
Adjunct Professor, National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bangalore, India

[Residence: Campbell, California, USA]