[INDOLOGY] 7 sāmans

Christophe Vielle christophe.vielle at uclouvain.be
Thu Nov 16 16:58:18 UTC 2023

TSS 85 is indeed the tantric work: https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.322391/page/n9/mode/2up
also republished with a new intr. by Unni, Nag Publ. 1991

Le 16 nov. 2023 à 16:43, Asko Parpola via INDOLOGY <indology at list.indology.info<mailto:indology at list.indology.info>> a écrit :

I possess a copy of the following book, but unfortunately I cannot at the moment locate it:

Gaṇapati Sāstrī, T., 1926. The Vishṇusamhitā, edited. (Trivandrum sanskrit Series, 85.) Trivandrum: Government Press. x, 249 pp. Reprinted, (Sri Garib Dass Oriental Series, 98) Delhi: Sri Satguru Publications, 1990. x, 249 pp.

I am sure, however, that it is not a Sāmavedic work, and though I have long worked with the Sāmaveda, I do not recollect having come across a collection of sāmans with this title.

This is my immediate reaction, but I’ll return to the matter if I come across something relevant.

With best wishes, Asko Parpola