[INDOLOGY] Position in Indology and Buddhist Studies at LMU Munich

vincent.tournier at lmu.de vincent.tournier at lmu.de
Tue May 16 06:23:50 UTC 2023

Dear Colleagues,

The Institute for Indology and Tibetology at LMU Munich invites applications for a full-time, fixed-term position of Assistant Professor (Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter, Assistenz) in Indology and Buddhist Studies. This is formally a two-year contract (TV-L, E13), which may however be renewed for up to six years.

I enclose a PDF of the German call, the English version may be found here: https://job-portal.lmu.de/jobposting/9f63e85afd055f53d210d5e204a328b4e5cc2a8b0?ref=homepage.

Please note that we are looking for our new colleague to start on 1 October 2023. Good knowledge of German is especially important, since this position comes with administrative duties. Deadline for application is 15 June 2023.

I would be grateful if you could spread this announcement broadly and encourage suitable candidates to apply. Potential applicants are welcome to contact me via e-mail (vincent.tournier at lmu.de <mailto:vincent.tournier at lmu.de>).

With kind regards,

Vincent Tournier
Prof. Dr. Vincent Tournier
Professor of Classical Indology
LMU Munich — Department for Asian Studies
Institut für Indologie und Tibetologie
Geschwister-Scholl-Platz 1 | 80539 München | Deutschland
Tel.: +49 (0)89 2180-5501